What is this election and when is it?
This election is called an ADEM (Assembly District Election Meeting), and it's held every two years by the California Democratic Party to elect delegates from every assembly district in California. Delegates, among other responsibilities, vote to endorse candidates running for office and ballot propositions. Delegates help shape the California Democratic party in many important ways.
Am I eligible to vote?
To be eligible to vote, you must be a registered Democrat living in Assembly District 50. Assembly District 50 includes the cities and communities of Agoura Hills, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Carthay, Fairfax, Hancock Park, Hollywood, Hollywood Hills West, Malibu, Miracle Mile, Pacific Palisades, Pico Robertson, Santa Monica, Topanga, West Hollywood and West LA.
- Not sure if you live in Assembly District 50? You can view an interactive map of the district or find your representative online by typing in your address.
- You can check your voter registration online at the California Secretary of State website.
Why should I vote in this election?
The California Democratic Party is the largest and most influential state party in the country. One out of every five registered Democrats in the US lives in California! What we do in California has a huge impact on the direction of the Democratic party in the US.
If you care about what Democrats stand for, you need to elect delegates that represent your values – and more importantly – delegates that know how to translate those values into action.
Why should I vote for the Grassroots Slate?
Democrats won many elections in 2018 and 2020 in historically red districts due to persistent and coordinated grassroots efforts. As delegates, we seek to represent the grassroots heart of the Democratic Party. The 14 people on our slate are a diverse set of grassroots Democrats from all parts of Assembly District 50. Connect with our slate on Facebook, and learn about the candidates.
We share progressive values and we share a commitment to serve our constituents. If we are elected, we commit to:
- Keeping you informed of critical races and important ballot propositions
- Thoroughly and objectively analyzing each candidate running for office
- Voting to endorse candidates who reflect our Democratic values and who have integrity — and the highest character
- Ensuring the State Party Platform reflects the Democratic values of our state
How is the Grasroots Slate different?
Virtually every candidate running for delegate in our district is progressive. The California Democratic Party Platform is progressive – electing progressive delegates is not enough. What matters is electing effective delegates.
Our slate is dedicated to turning progressive values into action!